Chocolate Almond Butter
This is a keeper guys! This high protein, creamy and chocolately (need I say more?) nut butter turns anything you spread it on- toast, apples, bananas, a spoon, knife, your finger- into some amazing. Also it is super easy to make!
-3 cups nuts (almonds)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder (NOT cocoa powder- yes it is different- one is a superfood, the other is not)
- sprinkles if you want to make this festive
1. Toast nuts on a baking sheet at 400 degrees F for about 7 minutes, or until they are light brown and smell amazing.
2. Add nuts to a food processor while still warm, along with coconut sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla, chocolate protein, and cacao powder.
3. Process the nuts- be patient this can take about 12 minutes. You make need to stop it a couple times to scrape down the side, but keep going. It will go from crumbly to doughy to smooth and buttery. When it gets to a nut butter consistency, mix the sprinkles in if you chose to use them right into the food processor. Then do your happy dance because you just made your own nut butter with real ingredients.
4. Transfer nut butter to a jar and store in pantry or fridge.